So, how do you get staff to make good judgment calls when it comes to the customer?
Imagine that I have listed below your ideal team when it comes to their treatment of customers and the effectiveness this has on the customer’s experience … here we go:
- They listen to understand not to contribute
- They read customers emotions and interact in a relevant way
- They are aware of their social surrounds and adapt their approach depending on the situation
- They are able to dial up their enthusiasm or dial it down to meet the customer’s specific needs
- They show empathy when interacting and make the customer feel understood
This, my friend, are the skills of Social Intelligence.
Social Intelligence is about building rapport. It’s having the ability to connect with people and get them to cooperate with you. Super helpful in service roles don’t ya think?
When a customer feels that an employee genuinely cares about them; something magical is created; TRUST.
TRUST is what we all need in business because customer loyalty comes from TRUST.
On the 1st of May I am running a one-day program for service leaders who want to;
- dial up their own social intelligence, or
- who want to be able to identify who in their teams need skills training in Social Intelligence back in the workplace, or
- who just want to hang out with me and other leaders in the service sector and have a full day of learning and fun!
There is so much more I want to say about this topic, why?……. because it’s a critical skill for the future of service leaders AND because I know for sure that socially intelligent people in your workplace will lift the performance of your business and will form loyalty with customers that are worth their weight in gold.
You are busy and pushed for time so, if you are convinced by seeing; check out the interview below for a bit more of an explanation.
If you are convinced by reading; check out the brochure to read more.
If you are convinced by hearing then arrange a time to chat with me over the phone and we can explore whether this is right for you.
I would love to have you join us, don’t delay in fear of missing out and start your month of May with a bang!
‘Love Being in Service’